Ruby on Rails Tuesday, February 21, 2017
I am happy to announce that Rails 4.2.8 has been released.
This is the first version of the 4.2 series that officially support Ruby 2.4.
## CHANGES since 18.104.22.168
To view the changes for each gem, please read the changelogs on GitHub:
* [Action Mailer CHANGELOG](https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/v4.2.8/actionmailer/CHANGELOG.md)
* [Action Pack CHANGELOG](https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/v4.2.8/actionpack/CHANGELOG.md)
* [Action View CHANGELOG](https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/v4.2.8/actionview/CHANGELOG.md)
* [Active Job CHANGELOG](https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/v4.2.8/activejob/CHANGELOG.md)
* [Active Model CHANGELOG](https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/v4.2.8/activemodel/CHANGELOG.md)
* [Active Record CHANGELOG](https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/v4.2.8/activerecord/CHANGELOG.md)
* [Active Support CHANGELOG](https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/v4.2.8/activesupport/CHANGELOG.md)
* [Railties CHANGELOG](https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/v4.2.8/railties/CHANGELOG.md)
To see the full list of changes, [check out all the commits on
If you'd like to verify that your gem is the same as the one I've uploaded,
please use these SHA-1 hashes.
Here are the checksums for 4.2.8:
$ shasum *-4.2.8.gem
As always, huge thanks to the many contributors who helped with this release.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/CAC9YFzcrriArVpvFwdxo8j2cJ94AC3dgH%3DKR-pU%3DMkRnXExc%2Bw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Posted by Ruby on Rails at 8:32 AM