Ruby on Rails Sunday, March 12, 2017

Hi

When we started rails server with Rails 5, we'll start fsevent_watch to watch for changes in our application directory. My questions are:

* Why are we also watching for the locale directory for the loaded gems?
* Why can't we just watch the top level directory instead of watching the subdirectories too?

Related `ps`:

fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/.rbenv/versions/2.3.3/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/activesupport-5.0.2/lib/active_support/locale
fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/.rbenv/versions/2.3.3/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/activemodel-5.0.2/lib/active_model/locale
fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/.rbenv/versions/2.3.3/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/activerecord-5.0.2/lib/active_record/locale
fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/.rbenv/versions/2.3.3/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/actionview-5.0.2/lib/action_view/locale
fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/Temp/wat/config/locales
fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/.rbenv/versions/2.3.3/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/web-console-3.4.0/lib/web_console/locales
fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/.rbenv/versions/2.3.3/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/actioncable-5.0.2
fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/.rbenv/versions/2.3.3/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/coffee-rails-4.2.1
fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/.rbenv/versions/2.3.3/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/jquery-rails-4.2.2
fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/.rbenv/versions/2.3.3/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/turbolinks-5.0.1
fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/Temp/wat/db
fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/Temp/wat/app/channels
fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/Temp/wat/app/controllers
fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/Temp/wat/app/helpers
fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/Temp/wat/app/jobs
fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/Temp/wat/app/mailers
fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/Temp/wat/app/models
fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/Temp/wat/test/mailers
fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/Temp/wat/app/assets


Thanks in advance.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/a7d06524-42d6-4344-bc64-8a1c156e6240%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment