Ruby on Rails Monday, March 13, 2017

On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 7:29:03 AM UTC, amree wrote:
> Hi
>
>
> When we started rails server with Rails 5, we'll start fsevent_watch to watch for changes in our application directory. My questions are:
>
>
> * Why are we also watching for the locale directory for the loaded gems?

I suspect something is automatically adding anything from the I18n load path to the list of watchable directories without checking whether they are part of a gem or not.

> * Why can't we just watch the top level directory instead of watching the subdirectories too?

If you did that you would receive more notifications, for example the log folder, the tmp folder and so on (although I don't know what the tradeoff is between this vs monitoring a larger number of paths). You might also want to reload code outside of the application top level folder (such as a gem containing an engine that you are developing concurrently with the application)

Fred

>
>
> Related `ps`:
>
>
>
>
>
> fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/.rbenv/versions/2.3.3/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/activesupport-5.0.2/lib/active_support/locale
> fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/.rbenv/versions/2.3.3/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/activemodel-5.0.2/lib/active_model/locale
> fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/.rbenv/versions/2.3.3/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/activerecord-5.0.2/lib/active_record/locale
> fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/.rbenv/versions/2.3.3/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/actionview-5.0.2/lib/action_view/locale
> fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/Temp/wat/config/locales
> fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/.rbenv/versions/2.3.3/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/web-console-3.4.0/lib/web_console/locales
> fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/.rbenv/versions/2.3.3/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/actioncable-5.0.2
> fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/.rbenv/versions/2.3.3/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/coffee-rails-4.2.1
> fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/.rbenv/versions/2.3.3/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/jquery-rails-4.2.2
> fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/.rbenv/versions/2.3.3/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/turbolinks-5.0.1
> fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/Temp/wat/db
> fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/Temp/wat/app/channels
> fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/Temp/wat/app/controllers
> fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/Temp/wat/app/helpers
> fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/Temp/wat/app/jobs
> fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/Temp/wat/app/mailers
> fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/Temp/wat/app/models
> fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/Temp/wat/test/mailers
> fsevent_watch --latency 0.1 /Users/me/Temp/wat/app/assets
>
>
>
>
> Thanks in advance.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/c7d909f8-2bda-439c-8eb9-a46f6c11b1eb%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment