Ruby on Rails Tuesday, July 11, 2017

I have a database with a large table.

I have several users each of whom should have read-only rights to the large table but has read/wrtie rights to their own table(s) but not to each others table(s).

Adding to the complication, I want to give each RoR user the ability to write their own SQL statements against the large table as well as their own table(s).  I have successfully implemented being able to have them enter sql statements and create results they can view and/or download.  Doing that is not my question.

I want to make sure each of my "readonly" users can't modify any tables they are not authorized to see and/or change.

So,I guess, I want to change Postgres roles within Rails.  Any guidance would, of course, be appreciated.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/c46745f6-a835-440a-bfa7-447c03223dcd%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment